midi out problem

mmtek

Feb 4, 2011, 1:18:36 PM2/4/11
to Arduinoboy
Hi,

i just finished building an arduinoboy (v.1.1.0) but i seem to have a
problem: midi-out does not seems to work at all.
My current setup is:
- dmg with lsdj
- arduinoboy
- firewire 410 audio/midi card
- ableton live

so, the story is: when i put lsdj in slave or midi mode, i can start/
stop it correctly from ableton. viceversa, i cannot capture any signal
coming from the arduinoboy (trying to control ableton via the
gameboy). I triple checked all the connections with a multimeter and
wverything seems fine. Anyone experienced this behaviour and can give
me some hints? thanks in advance

mm

mmtek

Feb 4, 2011, 9:08:52 PM2/4/11
to Arduinoboy
Hi,

On 4 Feb, 19:18, mmtek <shiftleft...@gmail.com> wrote:
> so, the story is: when i put lsdj in slave or midi mode, i can start/
> stop it correctly from ableton. viceversa, i cannot capture any signal
> coming from the arduinoboy (trying to control ableton via the
> gameboy). I triple checked all the connections with a multimeter and
> wverything seems fine. Anyone experienced this behaviour and can give
> me some hints? thanks in advance

forgive my previous message, as i solved the problem. just to inform
people that are going to build an arduinoboy: for some reason the
schematics are dong this way:
- the midi-in connector is seen from the front
- the midi-out connector is seen from the back

in this way both midi-in and midi-out are working fine.

mm

Fredrik Stolpe

Feb 5, 2011, 7:33:45 AM2/5/11
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
Great, that probably explains why mine isnt working :-)

søren andreasen

Nov 15, 2012, 8:11:11 AM11/15/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
wooow, thank you! that was very nice to know - haha. just build mine, but i have some difficulties getting it to work totally.