no note-offs

søren andreasen

Nov 21, 2012, 6:38:56 PM11/21/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
hi

the arduinoboy seems to be working pretty swell by now except some minor issues once in a while.

e.g, lsdj on keyboard mode and getting midi from my midikeyboard correctly, except it doesn't receive note-offs.

has anyone experienced this or know what might cause it? only thing i can think of right now is there's gotta be somekind of issue with the midi wiring, but i've checked it several times.

best
søren

Martin Olmsted

Nov 23, 2012, 3:53:04 PM11/23/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
I have had this same problem, and I think it has to do with how LSDJ handles note lengths, which are usually programmed in using K command or with the instrument note length.

Some devices also transmit midi differently (go figure), so i have less problems with this (and my meeblip) when I send midi from my interface instead of a synth I have.

søren