about to pull my hair out...

super_res

Dec 1, 2008, 1:19:51 AM12/1/08
to Arduinoboy
I had it completely working, leave it for afew days comeback and it
doesnt work correctly. for no reason i can figure out. My midi out is
working fine, but midi In does not work... i've check all the connects
with a multimeter and even switched it around and made it abit more
simple still nothing, i've got no clue how a 6n138 works, i can get a
connect from pin 1 to pin 1 or any pin at all, i've got 2 and it seems
to be the same for both... im really at a loss for what to do, i've
set it up completely the same as the pictures on the flicker page.
I've taken some pictures of the midi in section if anyone could take a
look and see if they notice anything to possible be causing a problem,
i've check everything i can possibly think of... i'm sure my groove
box is sending a good clock signal it syncs my arps on my synth just
fine, previous it would send a start command no problem...i even
posted a video of it working correctly... lol http://www.youtube.com/user/superresolution

http://mdjwal.blogspot.com/ <---- pictures of my problem, i cant seem
to see what is causing the problem...!

Ove Ridé

Dec 1, 2008, 9:30:51 AM12/1/08
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
The diode between pins 2 and 3 of the opto is reversed. Flip it around
and your AB should work.

2008/12/1 super_res <repai...@gmail.com>:
--
/Ove

-----BEGIN 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----
Low Bitrate Netlabel: <http://flb.gg8.se/>
Blog:
<http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/>
SKRIVA på Lysator. Ditt Ahrvid-fria alternativ:
Sätt på ett par flipflops, vippa på rumpan
och gör det här till en minnesvärd sommar!
-----END 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----

super_res

Dec 1, 2008, 7:30:15 PM12/1/08
to Arduinoboy
the problem still haunts me!

On Dec 1, 7:30 am, "Ove Ridé" <nitro2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The diode between pins 2 and 3 of the opto is reversed. Flip it around
> and your AB should work.
>
> 2008/12/1 super_res <repairwh...@gmail.com>:
>

> > I had it completely working, leave it for afew days comeback and it
> > doesnt work correctly. for no reason i can figure out. My midi out is
> > working fine, but midi In does not work... i've check all the connects
> > with a multimeter and even switched it around and made it abit more
> > simple still nothing, i've got no clue how a 6n138 works, i can get a
> > connect from pin 1 to pin 1 or any pin at all, i've got 2 and it seems
> > to be the same for both... im really at a loss for what to do, i've
> > set it up completely the same as the pictures on the flicker page.
> > I've taken some pictures of the midi in section if anyone could take a
> > look and see if they notice anything to possible be causing a problem,
> > i've check everything i can possibly think of... i'm sure my groove
> > box is sending a good clock signal it syncs my arps on my synth just
> > fine, previous it would send a start command no problem...i even
> > posted a video of it working correctly... lolhttp://www.youtube.com/user/superresolution
>
> >http://mdjwal.blogspot.com/ <---- pictures of my problem, i cant seem
> > to see what is causing the problem...!
>
> --
> /Ove
>
> -----BEGIN 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----
> Low Bitrate Netlabel: <http://flb.gg8.se/>
> Blog:
> <http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/>
> SKRIVA på Lysator. Ditt Ahrvid-fria alternativ:
> Sätt på ett par flipflops, vippa på rumpan
> och gör det här till en minnesvärd sommar!
> -----END 2ROT13 MESSAGE------ Hide quoted text -

super_res

Dec 1, 2008, 7:36:12 PM12/1/08
to Arduinoboy
actually i figured it out... weird but i had to run my 5v gb line over
to to the opto power, it started to sync.... i just disconnected the 5
from the opto area and it continued to work even after powering my dmg
on and off afew times.... (it must have reset something?) btw... im
running from the power of the dmg 5v until i find a adapter that works
for my ardunio.... thanks for all your help, hopefully this is useful
for anyone else looking for some troubleshooting steps!