start and stop (reset?) and running this on multiple gameboys

jacob sikker remin

Mar 9, 2009, 2:54:22 PM3/9/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
hi arduinoboys!

man this project looks sweet :]

i would like to use this project for a very specific use, a gameboy
installation, where i can control 4 gameboys w/ arduino to start a song
when a person is close to them. but i'd like to song to start from the
beginning every time, so here goes:

-- i've been looking at the project page, and i can't really make out
two things...

1. i figure i have to be LSDJ slave mode. sending midi note 48-C2 will
start the song, 49-C#2 will stop it. but will the song start from
current position or rewind to the beginning? if no, is there a way to
make it rewind?

2. the arduino boy schematic is only for 1 gameboy, could i just divide
the signal into 4? would i have enough current to control 4 gameboys?

again: great work! this project really looks good :)

best,
jacob
la belle indifference

--
bleep:
www.campingsex.org

trash80

Mar 9, 2009, 3:02:06 PM3/9/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
divide into 4 maybe. don't know. I've divided it into 2, but there is room if you redid the code a little to fit 3.

about sequencer stuff: i don't remember lsdj's behavior, but ab will respond to normal sequencer start and stop
messages as well as those notes you've discovered on the page.

/t

jacob sikker remin

Mar 9, 2009, 3:19:40 PM3/9/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the quick reply! :)
so if you divided 1 to 2 -- maybe a good idea would be to divide 2 to 4?
what do you mean by normal sequencer start and stop messages? do they
"rewind the song"?
best,
jacob
> www.campingsex.org <http://www.campingsex.org>
> www.mikrogalleriet.net <http://www.mikrogalleriet.net>
> www.8bitklubben.dk <http://www.8bitklubben.dk>
> www.myspace.com/blissfullymediocre
> <http://www.myspace.com/blissfullymediocre>

trash80

Mar 9, 2009, 4:48:17 PM3/9/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
Midi not only sends sync but 3 other messages: start stop and continue.
AB supports those messages, I added the midi note stuff as "features" as well.
So by default when you start / stop the sequencer AB will follow along, you dont need to send notes. that was just added as extra control.

/t

jacob sikker remin

Mar 18, 2009, 3:21:28 AM3/18/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
hi again,
just to be absolutely clear:
what is the difference between start and continue?
does start 1: start the song from position 0 (the top)? or 2: does it continue from current position?
and if 2 is true, then what does continue do and what is the difference?
best,
jacob

trash80

Mar 18, 2009, 3:48:50 AM3/18/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
They are standard midi messages for all midi devices & sequencers.
I dont remember the behavior of lsdj, it will probably just start from the beginning.
/t