Concerning the Arduino Pro Micro

Rave-TZ

Feb 21, 2012, 5:29:13 PM2/21/12
to Arduinoboy
It would seem the Arduino Pro Micro (http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/
338) isn't currently supported by the ArduinoBoy. I ordered one of
these with a MIDI shield I modified (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/
9595) to match the ArduinoBoy schematic. I had to replace segments of
code to use "Serial1." instead of "Serial." since the Pro Micro uses
"Serial1." for external devices and "Serial." for USB mode (http://
www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/338). When it was running in mGB mode, I
could see the LEDs blink when receiving MIDI note data. I would also
hear data noise through the Gameboy speaker (a small pop, very feint),
but no notes would play. I tested this on all MIDI channels even
though 1-5 should be sufficient.

My guess is that the Pro Micro is based off of the new Leonardo
bootloader. This doesn't have support for digital signals on the
analog pins at the moment (http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/
338#comment-4f283fa2757b7f7525000000)

My ArduinoBoy is powered from the GameBoys 5v. and I'm using mGB 1.3.
Maybe I'm doing something else wrong?

im-pulze

Apr 26, 2012, 11:20:14 AM4/26/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com