arduinoboy to the arduinoboard's GND?

søren andreasen

Nov 15, 2012, 11:29:32 AM11/15/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
hi

according to the arduinoboy schematic v 1.1.0, it doesn't imply that ground should be connected to ground on the arduinoboard, so I didn't do so but it seems to be working anyway. should i connect it to the arduino ground or not? and which one (there are both GND pins on the "digital" and "power" area). perhaps this is stupid question, but i'm pretty green in electronics.

btw i'm using an arduino uno

best
søren

søren andreasen

Nov 16, 2012, 9:49:08 AM11/16/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
bump..

would really like to know this. perhaps it's what's making it act all weird atm.

Ove Ridé

Nov 16, 2012, 9:53:35 AM11/16/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
Yes it should. Which one doesn't matter.

On 16 November 2012 15:49, søren andreasen

--
/Ove

Blog: <http://blog.gg8.se/>

"Here is Evergreen City. Evergreen is the color of green forever."

Peter Swimm

Nov 16, 2012, 9:57:55 AM11/16/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
Please dont bump on a mailing list. If you are the only poster, you are still at the top on the web board.

Peter Swimm

søren andreasen

Nov 16, 2012, 12:17:46 PM11/16/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
I apologize Peter - didn't know it was a mailing list. Can't you unsubsribe if it's annoying you?

Thank's for the answer nitro. I've plugged it into the power gnd, but still has the same issues.

do any of you know why it says "too busy" on lsdj when trying to sync? (gameboy as slave / ableton as master)

it seems i've almost got it right, but something somewhere is apparently not working.

trash80

Nov 16, 2012, 12:23:29 PM11/16/12
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
bump.

Yeah they need to share ground. Guess that's a oversight in the "schematic" ;)
I would recheck your clock and data lines from the aboy to the gb- If the aboy's lights are responding to midi anyway.

/Tim