Resistors

Tony Cosentini

Jan 21, 2009, 10:28:46 PM1/21/09
to Arduinoboy
I'm thinking about giving the arduinoboy a try since I'm somwhat
decent at soldering and the schematic on the site (combined with
pictures) are really clear and easy to read. I just had a simple
question about the resistors, what kind of power rating should they
have? I'm on Digikey and I never realized how many different types
there are and whatnot. I come the software side of things if you can't
tell.... not much of a hardware guy.

Thanks for reading!
Tony

Logan Erickson

Jan 21, 2009, 10:31:42 PM1/21/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Tony,

1/4W 1% resistors should be fine!

hope that helps!

Tony Cosentini

Jan 21, 2009, 11:00:03 PM1/21/09
to Arduinoboy
Awesome, thanks for such a quick response!

On Jan 21, 10:31 pm, Logan Erickson <lo...@lowgain-audio.com> wrote:
> Greetings Tony,
>
> 1/4W 1% resistors should be fine!
>
> hope that helps!
>
> _Logan Erickson
> --)|-- Low-Gain -- |(--
> lo...@lowgain-audio.comhttp://lowgain-audio.comhttp://myspace.com/lowgainaudio

trash80

Jan 21, 2009, 11:11:44 PM1/21/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
yeah im making a bunch of arduinoboy "minis" im using 1/8 watt.
either should be fine really.

also note I am going to be changing the schematics soon once i finish the new version of aboy. I'm moving the gb lines to the "analog in" pins. that way the clock is sent with the serial data at the same time while not on the same "PORT" as the serial data.

you don't need to worry about it too much, I should have that all up in the next coming days.

/timothy

Tony Cosentini

Jan 21, 2009, 11:26:11 PM1/21/09
to Arduinoboy
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye on the site for the new schematic. I'm
guessing the parts list is the same?

P.S. Those mini arduinoboys look amazing!

On Jan 21, 11:11 pm, trash80 <tras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah im making a bunch of arduinoboy "minis" im using 1/8 watt.
> either should be fine really.
>
> also note I am going to be changing the schematics soon once i finish the
> new version of aboy. I'm moving the gb lines to the "analog in" pins. that
> way the clock is sent with the serial data at the same time while not on the
> same "PORT" as the serial data.
>
> you don't need to worry about it too much, I should have that all up in the
> next coming days.
>
> /timothy

trash80

Jan 21, 2009, 11:57:51 PM1/21/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
yeah parts the same, its just a wiring change. (how it says gb arduinio pins are 5, 6, 7... they get moved to analog in 0,1, and 2)