arduinoboy multisync

Jekyll

May 18, 2009, 6:08:01 PM5/18/09
to Arduinoboy
Hello,
I plan on building an arduinoboy and just ordered an Arduino Mini Pro
(5V).

Question is, how to sync multiple gameboys to midi-clock?
I plan on syncing a DMG01 with LSDJ and a GBA SP with Nanoloop 2 to a
midi source (Korg Electribe ESX1) simultaneously.
Can I just solder a 1x3 Game Boy SyncBox
(http://www.8bitcollective.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6008) to where
the link-cable belongs on the arduinoboy, or what is the way to go?
I could also imagine that it's necessary to have two different cables
for the different sync-signals of lsdj & nanoloop going out of the
arduinoboy. can you help?

Thanks in Advance, Daniel

Matt Nida

May 18, 2009, 7:28:03 PM5/18/09
to ardui...@googlegroups.com
Hey Daniel,

Arduinoboy won't do LSDJ and Nanoloop simultaneously.

However, this will:
http://little-scale.blogspot.com/2008/05/sync-nanoloop-and-lsdj-to-midi-at-same.html

It's another Arduino-based devised designed by Seb Tomczak in
Australia. I've built it myself and used it with a Korg ES-1, and can
confirm that it works brilliantly!

Hope this helps.

Matt