Livro de RaspberryPi

Marcelo Boá

Aug 8, 2012, 2:13:51 PM8/8/12
to arduino...@googlegroups.com
http://media.pragprog.com/newsletters/2012-08-08.html

Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser.
New This Week

Raspberry Pi »

The Raspberry Pi is a $35, full-blown micro computer that runs Linux. Use it’s video, audio, network, and digitial I/O to create media centers, web servers, interfaces to external hardware—you name it. And this book gives you everything you need to get started.

Recently Released:

Coming Up Next:

  • Cucumber Recipes: Automate Anything with BDD Tools and Techniques in beta
  • Rapid Android Development: Build Rich, Sensor-Based Applications with Processing in beta
  • Explore It! Reduce Risk and Increase Confidence with Exploratory Testing in beta
Raspberry Pi
August 08, 2012

It’s been a historic week, as the Mars rover Curiosity made a spectacular, flawless landing on the red planet, kicking the idea of “rocket science” up to the “autonomous-nuclear-powered-robot-on-mars science” level. Makes you want to build something cool, doesn’t it?

Now you can harness the power of a full desktop PC, in the size of a pack of cards, for about $35, thanks to the Raspberry Pi. Join Maik Schmidt as he explores the Pi in his latest book, Raspberry Pi, now available atpragprog.com/book/msraspi.

And don’t forget, our ebooks are DRM-free (and have always been); we pioneered the “beta book” concept; we’ll email your ebook to your Kindle and synch your ebooks amongst your devices via Dropbox, including updates! (see our FAQ); read via Readmill, for social highlighting and sharing; and you can always come back and re-download your books when needed. We’re here to make your life easier.

Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi: A Quick-Start Guide gives you everything you need to get the Raspberry Pi up and running and doing cool stuff. You’ll get started by learning what additional hardware you need and how to connect it, install Debian Linux and configure it to your needs, and customize the Pi’s firmware to get the most out of your hardware.

Then the fun begins. You’ll connect the Pi to your home network and try surfing the web and tweeting messages. You’ll learn how to get the most out of Midori, the Pi’s standard browser. Then in a few simple steps you’ll turn the Pi into a kiosk system that displays Twitter live search information. You’ll also learn how you can control the desktops of other PCs in your house with the Pi.

Once you have the basics down, you’ll explore the Pi’s versatility with a series of home projects. Turn it into a web server in your home network. Convert the Pi into a powerful multimedia center so you can watch high-definition video and listen to your favorite music. Play classic video games. Then use the GPIO pins on the Raspberry Pi to build electronics projects such as an “out of memory” alarm, and learn how to access the project using a web browser. Power to the Pi!

This Pragmatic exPress title now available from pragprog.com/book/msraspi.

Don’t Get Left Out

Are your friends jealous that you get these spiffy email newsletters and they don’t? Clue them in that all they need to do is create an account on pragprog.com(email address and password is all it takes) and select the checkbox to receive newsletters.

Are you following us on Twitter and/or Facebook? Here’s where you can find us and keep up with the latest news and commentary:

Andy & Dave

Books • eBooks • Screencasts • PragPub Magazine
PragProg.com

Manage your subscription using your account, or permanently unsubscribe here.
Sent by the Pragmatic Programmers, LLC. • 2831 El Dorado Pkwy, #103-381 • Frisco TX 75033

--
Best Regards,

Marcelo Boá

Electronics Technician