Oleg

Harley Leach

Mar 12, 2022, 1:00:56 PMMar 12
to ARDF USA
Oleg's status.

Oleg is an engineer with Rig Expert, he attended the USA IARU-R2 2017 ARDF meet in Ohio, where I met him. I am one of Oleg's "FoxRex 3500" repairman in the USA, maybe the only one...
His home is/was in Kiev, Ukraine.

At the onset of the Russian invasion, I wished him well and asked him, via email, how he was doing. His reply:
"Thank you very much for your words of support. Everybody is alive. We are standing. We are fighting."

Then no word from him until today, when he replied to an email with this:
"My family and I evacuated to Cherkassy. Thanks for the support. If I need anything, I will write to you. Thanks again."

So, he moved to Cherkassy, a town about 100 miles southeast of Kiev, in the center of Ukraine.
I can understand his choice of this move, for to move his family out of Ukraine means splitting up the family. Since all men of fighting age cannot leave Ukraine, where I think he wants to stay anyway, and help in the defense of his homeland.

Here is a photo of Bob and Oleg taken at the 2017 ARDF meet, copied from Joe's homingin site.
Thanks to Joe for the photo! Hope it was OK to use it here.
I am sure we all wish Oleg and his homeland the best of luck!
73, Harley

Inline image

homi...@aol.com

Mar 12, 2022, 3:38:01 PMMar 12
to ardf...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear that Oleg is OK!  Has anyone heard news about Igor US0VA, the Ukrainian team physician?  He is probably very busy.

73,
Joe

Illynia Ivanko

Mar 13, 2022, 8:26:02 PMMar 13
to homingin via ARDF USA
Probably, the war in Ukraine, I be alive u hear about Russian attack.

Best regards,
Illia Ivanko