wiildos 1.8 is out

al...@paranoici.org

Jan 13, 2012, 6:16:36 AM1/13/12
to ardesia-...@googlegroups.com
WiildOs is not a simple a program to manage your multimedia interactive
whiteboard, but a GNU modular easy-to-use operating system. Wiildos is
a ready solution for all users that want learn in the multimedia and
cloud computing age.

For furthermore info see http://code.google.com/p/ardesia/wiki/WiildOs
Download it on http://www.grolug.org/uploads/wiildOs-1.08.iso

News
- better whiteboard support
- florence virtual keyboard integrated in the login manager; now you
put your credentials and start your preferred environment without
keyboard also.
- Speak support; now we have a framework that support to teach to
students with disabilities and visual Impairments also.

Whiteboard
- Virtual magnifier glass 3.5
- Sankore 1.3

Internet
- Firefox 9
- Drag and grab extension: enables Adobe Acrobat-style grab and drag
scrolling, Flick gestures, and Momentum scrolling in Firefox.
Especially useful for Tablet PCs, UMPCs, and other pen or
touchscreen devices. with drag and grab
- Removed instantbird, added pidgin as instant messaging client; now
you can also make video chat with your google account

Work
- Italc has been replaced with the more friendly Epoptes. It is the
best program computer lab management and monitoring tool
- Accessibility
- Orca Screen Reader, emproved with pico, you can use espeak also
- Gspeech Voice Reader: it allows the computer to read the selected
text in any program.
To activate it you must select the text, press the icon on the
panel and then the Run button.

- Office
- Libreoffice:
- Add voxoofox; with this extension you can speak and spell your
document
- Update dmaths extension; it helps to edit mathematical formulas
and scientific

Play
- Audacious player has been replaced by Clementine; this is light and
more funny. It allows to listen internet radio from Last.fm, SomaFM,
Magnatune. Jamendo e Icecast.
- Deleted Gespeaker; please use the voxoofox extension in libreoffice
instead it

Preferences
- Software Center for lubuntu; lets you choose from thousands of
applications available for Ubuntu
- ReAdded gparted partition editor; this is usefull to edit partition
table before the WiildOs installation

Marco Fossati

Jan 13, 2012, 6:25:14 AM1/13/12
to ardesia-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pile Olly,

On 1/13/12 12:16 PM, al...@paranoici.org wrote:
> WiildOs is not a simple a program to manage your multimedia interactive
> whiteboard, but a GNU modular easy-to-use operating system. Wiildos is
> a ready solution for all users that want learn in the multimedia and
> cloud computing age.

is much beautiful, second me :-)