Is it gonna tank?

Tom Reedy

Oct 19, 2011, 10:47:05 PM10/19/11
to Forest of Arden
"Tracking surveys indicated that audiences were not that interested in
seeing the film and it was likely headed for a very soft opening of
less than $5 million."

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! This was gonna be Oxfordism's day in the sun, the
break that was gonna convert millions of people to the cause!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/10/anonymous-wont-debut-nation-wide.html?

hj

Oct 19, 2011, 11:24:03 PM10/19/11
to Forest of Arden
OTOH -- I think almost every Strad will *have* to see it!

Especially me (I've long had nasty fantasies about Elizabeth -- all
set in the time before her teeth turned black).

hj
> http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/10/anonymo...

John W Kennedy

Oct 20, 2011, 12:24:45 AM10/20/11
to ardenm...@googlegroups.com

The Ayn Rand crowd thought the same about "Atlas Shrugged Part One". (The entire project has now been canceled, because producing further films at a loss would be against Ayn Rand's principles. Me, I'm just hoping it hasn't done irreparable harm to the career of Taylor Schilling, a very talented young actress.)

--
John W Kennedy
"There are those who argue that everything breaks even in this old dump of a world of ours. I suppose these ginks who argue that way hold that because the rich man gets ice in the summer and the poor man gets it in the winter things are breaking even for both. Maybe so, but I'll swear I can't see it that way."

nordicskiv2

Oct 29, 2011, 11:21:46 PM10/29/11
to Forest of Arden

On Oct 19, 10:47 pm, Tom Reedy <tom.re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Tracking surveys indicated that audiences were not that interested in
> seeing the film and it was likely headed for a very soft opening of
> less than $5 million."
>
> Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! This was gonna be Oxfordism's day in the sun,

The funniest thing is that movie, to paraphrase Hamlet himself,
puts Oxford *too* much i'the son with its PT/DT nonsense.