Move ARD Inspector data to a new computer

Rick Davis

Dec 5, 2016, 4:46:12 PM12/5/16
to ARD Inspector
I'm not sure if this group is monitored anymore, but curious to know if I can move the database to a new or different computer.

Yoann Gini

Dec 5, 2016, 5:15:52 PM12/5/16
to Rick Davis, ARD Inspector
Hi Rick

Indeed, no one use this list but I'm still in it.

ARD Inspector hasn't any internal database. It's just the ARD database.

To move ARD database from one user to another (regardless of the computer) you just have to move the ARD preferences file.

Best regards,
Yoann Gini

Envoyé depuis un iPhone.

Le 5 déc. 2016 à 22:46, Rick Davis <rood...@mac.com> a écrit :

I'm not sure if this group is monitored anymore, but curious to know if I can move the database to a new or different computer.

joecar...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 8:53:27 PM11/28/18
to ARD Inspector
Howdy Yoann,

Are the ARD prefs in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.RemoteDesktop?

PS check your PayPal. :-)

joecar...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 9:59:26 PM11/28/18
to ARD Inspector
Answered my own question...yes!

Thanks again for the great app!

Yoann Gini

Nov 29, 2018, 3:31:30 AM11/29/18
to joecar...@gmail.com, ARD Inspector
Yep, you’re right

Here you can see both path used by ARD depending of the version https://github.com/ygini/ARD-Inspector/blob/ea05ff4385dab5537577f8de7d7f790992995897/ARD%20Inspector/Application/YGARDAppDelegate.m#L276-L281

Thanks a lot for the donation!