September 8th Webinar - Arctos Data Publishing

Arctos Communications

Aug 31, 2020, 5:49:46 PM8/31/20
to arc...@googlegroups.com

Please join us for a webinar on how Arctos data are auto-published to data aggregators.

Title: Traveling with Data on the River Arctos; Getting from ArctosDB to global data sharing

Abstract: Moving your data into Arctos? Already in? Ever wonder how your data venture forth from the warm embrace of the arctic mama bear and into the hands of data users via GBIF, iDigBio, and VertNet? Well, even if you never wondered, I'm ready to tell you anyway. Together we'll paddle the grand waterway upon which hundreds of millions of occurrence records have migrated on our trusty kayak of metadata, through the wilds of the Integrated Publishing Toolkit (IPT) and into the Land of the Data Portals. Dress warmly and bring a water bottle.

Presenter: David Bloom, VertNet Coordinator

When: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 3:00pm ET

Where: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/91587565098

Can’t Make It?: View archived recordings here https://arctosdb.org/learn/webinars/

Emily Braker

Vertebrate Collections Manager, Zoology Section

University of Colorado Museum of Natural History

265 UCB, Bruce Curtis Building

Boulder, CO 80309-0218

Phone: 303-492-8466

http://www.colorado.edu/cumuseum/research-collections/vertebrates