REMINDER - Arctos webinar tomorrow (Oct 13) on New Collections Onboarding

Arctos Communications

Oct 12, 2020, 1:24:21 PM10/12/20
to arc...@googlegroups.com

Please join us for an Arctos webinar on the new collections onboarding process.

Abstract: Joining the Arctos Community means meeting new collaborators, learning new skills, and a lot of data clean-up. Whether you joined five years ago, last week, plan to join soon, or want to help mentor new members, this webinar will help explain the process we have set up to help new members of the Arctos Community get their collections up and running. Learn why we use GitHub, how to best get help, who has the answers and where to find documentation. Onboarding never really ends, even our most senior community members are adding new types of collections data. The process that we use for onboarding extends into daily Arctos Community life, so the practices that you pick up during onboarding can serve you well into the future. Hope to see everyone at this webinar!

Presenter: Teresa Mayfield-Meyer, New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science

When:  Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:00pm ET (19:00 UTC)

Where: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/97020047644

Can’t Make It?: View archived recordings here https://arctosdb.org/learn/webinars/

Emily Braker

Vertebrate Collections Manager, Zoology Section

University of Colorado Museum of Natural History

265 UCB, Bruce Curtis Building

Boulder, CO 80309-0218

Phone: 303-492-8466

http://www.colorado.edu/cumuseum/research-collections/vertebrates