About Including CAFO and Calculation Nutrients

Md Mahabub Arefin Chowdhury

May 17, 2024, 10:20:52 AMMay 17
to ArcSWAT
Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem for including the CAFO (Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation) in the SWAT model. In my study area, there are more than 200 CAFOs in a medium-sized watershed. From these CAFOs, waste is coming into the lagoon (a kind of pond). During the flood, the lagoons overflow and spread in the watershed. I want to calculate the nutrient load at flood season.

Can I include these mechanisms in the SWAT model?

1. Do I need to edit the pond (.pnd) file for the included overflow?
2. Do I need to use every CAFO as a point source?

Thanks in advance.
Mahabub

Md Mahabub Arefin Chowdhury

May 22, 2024, 5:02:19 PMMay 22