Not enough space on temporary disk

Nabeel Aslam

Mar 2, 2016, 1:17:58 PM3/2/16
to ArcSWAT
I am facing problem during importing files to data base during simulation and my PC takes a lot of time and gave error of Not enough space on temporary disk

sara

Mar 18, 2016, 1:00:10 PM3/18/16
to ArcSWAT
Have you solved this problem? If so please share. I am having the same issues.

Liem, Nguyen Duy

Mar 18, 2016, 1:22:31 PM3/18/16
to sara, ArcSWAT
Dear Sara,

You can fix it by open SWAT2012.mdb on MS Access, go to File, click Compact and Repair
Inline images 1

I hope you succeed!
ND Liem

Nguyễn Duy Liêm
Bộ môn Tài nguyên & GIS,
Khoa Môi trường & Tài nguyên,
Trường Đại học Nông Lâm TP. HCM.
Địa chỉ: P. Linh Trung, Q. Thủ Đức, Tp. Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam

Nguyen Duy Liem
Department of Natural Resources and GIS,
Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources
Nong Lam University- Ho Chi Minh City.
Address: Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

sara

Mar 18, 2016, 1:59:43 PM3/18/16
to ArcSWAT, sara....@gmail.com
Hi Liem,

I tried it but Access is giving me another error "could not use c:\\.....swat2012.mdb; file already in use."
I closed ArcSWAT and still same issue with Access. Any tips?

Liem, Nguyen Duy

Mar 18, 2016, 2:03:35 PM3/18/16
to sara, ArcSWAT
You must unlock all program that are using your access file.
IObit Unlocker should be used.

ND Liem

sara

Mar 18, 2016, 2:46:12 PM3/18/16
to ArcSWAT, sara....@gmail.com
 I succeed  in the compacting of swat2012.mdb. Then I re-opened ArcGIS and tried to import output files and this error "string reference not set to an instance of a string. Parameter name :S."

Moham

Mar 21, 2016, 2:23:55 PM3/21/16
to ArcSWAT
I am facing with almost similar problem. The model shows an error in final moments of overlaying step of land/soil/slop layers.  It seems it comes back to limitation of access file size (2 Gigabytes) and I cannot stop model to compact its access file during overlaying process. Anyone can help me, please.

Joseph Kyags

Mar 22, 2016, 1:40:43 AM3/22/16
to Moham, ArcSWAT
Dear All
i suggest you change the location of your project to another drive on your computer with sufficient space and also change the project directory in MS database file by clicking on Master progress file within the database then change it   C:\SWAT\ArcSWAT\Databases\SWAT2012.mdb

Joseph Kyagulanyi
Hydrologist/GIS Engineer
Air Water Earth Environmental and Civil Engineering Consultants

David Salas

May 10, 2016, 4:04:21 PM5/10/16
to ArcSWAT, sara....@gmail.com
I think you have to re-run SWAT.  I am struggling with this issue now. I don't have a problem for a 10 year simulation but a 40 year simulation gives me the out of space error

Md.Mahabub Arefin Chowdhury

Jun 18, 2021, 12:49:07 PM6/18/21
to ArcSWAT
Did you fix the problem?if solved it please let me know. Thanks

Stormbrise40

Jan 14, 2022, 12:56:54 PM1/14/22
to ArcSWAT
Joseph Kyags:

I am having trouble finding the file in the SWAT2012 DB you are speaking of.

Sincerely,
Marietta

Stormbrise40

Jan 17, 2022, 12:09:37 PM1/17/22
to ArcSWAT
No worries, I recreated my soil map from the video provided on the ArcSWAT website for the SSURGO DB. Solved all my issues with writing my .sol file. The only minor issue I had was that there was a line of No Data from the Mosaic to Raster tool they used. I used the geoprocessing tool Merge prior to making each individual soil shapefile to a raster, I merged all three shapefiles I was was working with. This got rid of the no data in my soil map, and I got the 100% encompassed for my .sol file when it completed.

Thanks everyone who read my earlier message.

Eman Ragab

Jun 6, 2024, 10:34:09 AMJun 6
to ArcSWAT
Run it monthly not daily if you do not need the daily data