Problem with using SURGGO soil data

Jannatul Ferdush

Mar 22, 2023, 8:50:06 AM3/22/23
to ArcSWAT
Dear All,

I am a beginner in ArcSWAT. I tried practicing the tutorials present the SWAT website using example data. I had trouble with writing the input files for weather data.

Later, I tried with my own data, and it did not worked with SURGGO soil data. It took the lookup values but did not run the HRU analysis. It showed issue with getting the values for SURGGO soil data! Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Thank you so much.
Jannatul

Natalja C.

Mar 22, 2023, 11:57:05 AM3/22/23
to ArcSWAT
Hello Jannatul,

Your request is very fuzzy, hence I doubt that we or other users can assist you in any way.  Moreover, I'm sure that you are dealing with not the model issue, but with input data issue. Retrace your steps and try again. Complete the example and then start with your own dataset.
I’m sure that issues with SSURGO (Soil Survey Geographic Database) were reported and resolved on multiple occasions in the groups, one needs to simply use the search.

All the best,

Natalja

Jannatul Ferdush

Mar 25, 2023, 9:10:15 PM3/25/23
to ArcSWAT
Hi Natalja,

Thank you so much for your reply. The problem with the example data is, it did not write the input tables when I finish selecting the weather stations (with data). It got stop at the first option: soil data during running the test with example data.

And for my project data, I converted the SURRGO data and made the lookout table for soil raster. The model showed error message, as it could not get all the soil records in the default SURGGO data (the option  that is available inside the SWAT model). You may have suggestions about this issue, please let me know. Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Jannatul