Error when calculating subbasin parameters parameters

jmjvlc

May 9, 2011, 5:36:47 AM5/9/11
to ArcSWAT
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody had the same problem as me or know how to
solve it.

I have created a model in which I provide my own stream network and
subwatershed division. I could run the model succesfully.

However the DEM I was using wasn't fine enough (it was 671x671 m
cellsize). Now I'm trying to change it with another DEM with a higher
resolution (25x25 m). When delineating the watershed, after pressing
the "calculate subbasin parameters" button I get an error message:

Error number: 13
Error message: conversion from string"NoData" to type 'Double' is not
valid.
Module name: mSWFlow
Function name: Setparameters
Procedure (error line or description): Set pHEPtColl=PHEF.ShapeCopy
GRIDCODE=21

I already checked that all layers are the same resolution and they are
all projected in the same reference system.

Does anybody have any idea about how to solve this problem?

Thanks all,

Juanma Jorques
Environmental Science Master Student
Polythechnic University of Valencia, Spain

Zach Simpson

Aug 9, 2013, 1:25:11 PM8/9/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com, jmjorq...@hotmail.com
I am having the same issue. Seeing as this was posted 2 years ago, did you ever figure out the solution?

Sudhir Singh

Aug 26, 2013, 6:44:39 AM8/26/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com, jmjorq...@hotmail.com
Dear

I am little confused when I read the ArcSWAT Documentation_2012.pdf. In this manual Section 7 page no. 131. First I defined Weather Generator Data and remaining data like Rainfall data, Temp data, Relative humidity, Wind and Solar data files as using example datasets. After Weather Stations, next tab is Write SWAT Input Tables. In the Write Database Tables Sub basin Snow Data onwards upto Master Watershed File are incomplete.

Kindly suggest  me whether I should create first these above mentioned files and if then where should I keep those files for the successful Write Database Tables.
Error in Write SWAT Database Tables.bmp

janh...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2013, 10:33:13 AM11/26/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com, jmjorq...@hotmail.com
Hi,

I am also having Error 13 and quite clueless on how to fix it. If somebody here figured the solution, I would be more than glad to read it.

-Janne

Zhiqiang Yu

Dec 4, 2013, 2:29:04 PM12/4/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com, jmjorq...@hotmail.com
First should check the DEM data and make sure NO missing data within the watershed. Apparently, the ArcSWAT doesn't check if current value is NoData. The error only come out when it's trying to convent NoData to a double.

Hope helps.

Zhiqiang

Sazzad Hossain

Jun 10, 2014, 8:44:54 AM6/10/14
to arc...@googlegroups.com, jmjorq...@hotmail.com
Dear SWAT users,

I am getting following during subbasin parameter calculation:

object reference not set to an instance of an object ,

error at line number :153,

 error in cmdCalSubbasinParam in arcswat

  I am uisng arcswat 2009.

If anybody has idea ,please help me.

Sazzad
email:sazz...@gmail.com

ismail sani

Dec 23, 2015, 7:48:17 AM12/23/15
to ArcSWAT, jmjorq...@hotmail.com

ear sir/ma
my name is mohammedsani ismail a student of Ahmadu Bello Uinversity
Zaria-Nigeria,water resources and environmental engineering
the problem i have is as below in trying to use arcswat at point of calculating subbain paramters
 i got the same problem as below and attached. please what is the way out
"Conversion from string "RGB" to type 'Double' is not valid." in line 13
and i can't just go beyond this point.

attached is detailed as captured above,
many thanks

Jim Almendinger

Dec 23, 2015, 11:12:31 AM12/23/15
to ismail sani, ArcSWAT, jmjorques 87
Apparently your grid has color bands rather than the needed data (elevations, land use, or soils).  You should convert the grids so its cells represent the data you need.
-- Jim

Dec 24, 2015, 10:30:59 AM12/24/15
to ArcSWAT, jmjorq...@hotmail.com
Error Number 13, usually happens when your DEM file and your predefined shapefiles don't have the same projection.

Fariborz

Efrain Noa Yarasca

Jul 21, 2019, 5:06:35 PM7/21/19
to ArcSWAT
I solved that problem by using the same coordinate system for DEM (raster), subbasin (shapefile), and stream (shapefile) files. It should be projected coordinate system.
Regards,

Matjaž Glavan

Jul 3, 2024, 10:54:41 AMJul 3
to ArcSWAT
I can confirm Fariborz statement. All layers (DEM, userWatershead, userStreams) must have the same projection.