Using Stream Definition Option

Raul Sueldo

Jun 6, 2024, 10:33:55 AMJun 6
to ArcSWAT
All:

I am trying to use the Stream Definition option (predefined streams and watersheds) instead of the.  DEM  option.  The model ask to provide a predefined watershed dataset and a predefined Stream Dataset.

The directions indicate that predefined watersheds must have "SUBBASIN" IDs: that start with 1 and are consecutive.

I provided a shapefile with a designation SUBBASIN _1 but I get an error. L:ikewise for Stream Dataset.

What should the correct file naming convention should be for the watershed dataset and Stream Dataset?

Thanks Raul

Hector Fajardo

Jun 8, 2024, 8:43:46 AMJun 8
to ArcSWAT
Hi Raul,

I had similar problems in the past months.

When you install ArcSWAT, you get examples and a manual. The manual is helpful. You should be able to find it in the folder where you installed ArcSWAT (C:\SWAT\ArcSWAT\ArcSWATHelp\ArcSWAT_Documentation_2012.pdf). In the manual you might want to look at page 13, where User-Defined Watersheds are explained. You will notice over there it is mentioned about examples. The examples are found in this directory: C:\SWAT\ArcSWAT\Databases\ExInputs. There are two shape files, one for UserStreams and UserWatersheds.
Try to mimic those formats, for the columns of the dbf files. I have a couple of problems with them but noting too big.

A couple of good resources are these two conversations, about this topic.

Hope this helps

Best,
Hector