error in creating new project in ArcSWAT

Kristin Jaeger

Apr 11, 2011, 8:29:34 PM4/11/11
to arc...@googlegroups.com
I have to recreate a new project and I am getting an error in "Project Setup" window in SWAT2005. When I go to name the SWAT Parameter Geodatabase, I receive an error that "I do not have permission to create a SWAT project in this folder. Please choose another folder or have your administrator modify the permissions."

I am the administrator on my machine and I have successfully created projects in the past, but now can't seem to get beyond this first step.

Can anyone provide some insight into what is going on?

Thanks very much,
Kris

Amber Jones

Jul 25, 2012, 4:28:01 PM7/25/12
to arc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kris-
Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am having the same issue... I am an admin on my computer, and I have full permissions enabled.  At random points in my work (including creating a new project), I am told I do not have permissions.  Same error you are receiving.
Thanks,
Amber

Sam Pardo

Dec 4, 2013, 5:01:29 PM12/4/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com
Kris and Amber,

I had the same problem, and I found a solution that I'm guessing both of you figured out eventually.

The main issue is that the error message about admin permissions is misleading.  It's not referring to the permissions you have to write to a local directory, it refers to permissions of changing the name of the SWAT Parameter Geodatabase.

For example:
SWAT2012.mdb

That is what happened to me at least.  I didn't fully understand what the role of that database at first and tried to rename it "SWAT2013.mdb" or "SWAT2014.mdb" and that's when I received the permissions error.  Moreover, once I received that message the original directory I was trying to set the project up in became corrupted and even changing the name back to "SWAT2012.mdb" did not alleviate the problem.

If this happens to you simply create/choose another directory to set your ArcSWAT project up in and do not change the SWAT Parameter Geodatabase in the first place.

Booya.

- Sam

Pipas Kumar

Jan 29, 2015, 4:03:34 AM1/29/15
to arc...@googlegroups.com
Hi

sam .i saw urs reply for error during swat project set up

i am facing same problem. i did as u suggested. but no success

any more option available.

Sam Pardo

Jan 29, 2015, 1:28:05 PM1/29/15
to Pipas Kumar, arc...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry but that was so long ago that I don't even recall writing it. Troubleshooting software is the bane of my existence though so the best I can offer you at this point is my sincere empathy.  Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone