Tasty Summer Snacks For Kids

Karl Giles

Jul 23, 2009, 7:54:51 AM7/23/09
to cook
Children can be extremely picky eaters. When you try to give them
vegetables they push them away. When you try to mix them with
something that they love they find a way to pick them out. Even other
types of foods like spaghetti or even pizza at times will have
ingredients in them that they don't like.
We can't make our children eat the foods that they hate - but we can
find a way to provide them with foods that they will love to eat and
that are healthy for them. During the summer they are spending all of
their time outside in the pool or on the playground. This requires the
need for snacks in order to keep their energy levels up.
Fruit Cups
Cut up a variety of fruits that you child will love and mix them
together into one dish. If you are giving them apples, peaches, and
other larger fruits why not cut them out into cute shapes. You can
make them special fruit cups which they can enjoy for breakfast or as
a snack during the afternoon.
Cookies
No child can resist cookies no matter what kind they are. To make them
a bit healthier you can use Splenda instead of sugar. Also have them
help you make them. It is a great way for them to earn the cookies and
to bond with you at the same time.
Sandwiches
This is another great food dish that children cannot resist and is a
way for you to be truly creative. Make grilled cheese, turkey, ham, or
bologna. If you can try to add some lettuce or tomatoes. If they do
not like this then try to place some carrots, celery, and even raw
broccoli on their plates next to them. To make them more interesting
you should cut the sandwiches into cute shapes so that there is no
crust and give them something to dip their veggies in. This will make
it taste much better.