Re: Flavor Tripping Houston

kingjacob

Jun 17, 2010, 3:06:11 PM6/17/10
to Tx/Rx Labs, diybio-...@googlegroups.com
12 spots remaining for the flavor tripping party this saturday @7pm.

Also, I tested the pills yesterday to make sure they worked and I won't give away specifics but if you plan on bringing your own samples, sour things with natural sugars work best and the heavier and bitter the beer the better.

To those who just want to stop by and talk about Biology and learn about DIYbio, You are welcome to join us.

Note: TxRx and DIYbioHou members get 50% off, email me directly for the discount or questions about membership.

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM, kingjacob <king...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is the info on the Flavor tripping Fundraiser. I ended up going with CC as the venue since it's only 2 weeks away. So start spreading the word.

Flavor Tripping Houston

When:June 19th 7pm

Where:Caroline Collective

What: Sour things taste Sweet

Background on the Fruit:

The miracle fruit, Synsepalum dulcificum, is native to West Africa and has been known to Westerners since the 18th century. The cause of the reaction is a protein called miraculin, which binds with the taste buds and acts as a sweetness inducer when it comes in contact with acids.

Registration is $20 and covers the Miracle Fruit and a variety of samples to try out.

P.s. Miracle Fruit is both safe and legal.

-Hope to see you there,

Jacob Shiach

http://opensciencefund.org

--