The Citizen Science Quarterly

1 view

kingjacob

Oct 27, 2010, 8:04:09 PM10/27/10
to diy...@googlegroups.com, diybio-...@googlegroups.com
Howdy All, Just a quick update on the magazine progress.

We have decided since the walls between scientific fields are becoming less concrete, it'll be more beneficial
to have a wider focus (rather than just biology) and cover all of "garage" science. The running title of the project
is "The Citizen Science Quarterly".

The magazine itself will be 54 pages full color 100lb gloss. The dimensions are still undetermined.
There will also be an electronic edition to accompany it but the format is still up in the air. I'm personally leaning
towards an interactive HTML5 site so it works across platforms.

We are using kickstarter to raise the funds for the first issue, so please take the time to let people know about that.

If you would like to write for the magazine (even if you dont have an idea for a topic yet), please let me know via email.

P.s. please forward this on to any relevant lists.

--
Cheers,
Jacob Shiach