Molecular Biotechniques Workshop

kingjacob

Sep 11, 2011, 2:40:15 PM9/11/11
to arco...@googlegroups.com
Howdy All,
I'm very happy to announce that I will be teaching ARC <http://arcollab.org>s
very first workshop(details included below) in a few weeks.

Link: http://arcollab.org/2011/08/31/molecular-biotechniques-workshop/

Have you ever wondered what goes in to creating a Genetically Modified
Organism(GMO)?

Learn essential concepts and skills used in biotech labs in this fast paced
hands on workshop. We’ll cover the nature of DNA, and the discoveries and
breakthroughs that made modifying life forms just another day at the lab.
You’ll learn to isolate DNA, cut it with restriction enzymes, transform
bacterial cells, perform gel electrophoresis and PCR your own DNA. We’ll
also cover new developments in the field, such as synthetic biology and
personal genomic data.

This course is geared towards folks with no prior lab experience.

Saturday 10/1, 10/8,10/15 1-5pm

Cost:$300 (register ASAP, space limited to 5)

Email Jacob (at) CitizenScienceQuarterly.com to
register or if you have any questions

--
Cheers,
Jacob Shiach

Job Shiach

Sep 13, 2011, 12:25:06 AM9/13/11
to arco...@googlegroups.com
im gonna try to get off work for one of these. ill let you know.