ArcLight Feedback from the Bentley Historical Library

Michael Shallcross

Oct 5, 2017, 12:14:20 PM10/5/17
to arclight-community
Greetings, all; I write to share feedback and suggestions produced by the Bentley Historical Library after extensive testing of a local instance of ArcLight containing approximately 3,000 indexed EAD finding aids:
We invite you to review the document and contribute comments/additional feedback to help inform future development sprints.

With best regards,

Mike

--
Michael Shallcross, CA
Assistant Director for Curation

Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113
734.936.1344
@UmichBentley

Mark A. Matienzo

Oct 9, 2017, 6:56:45 PM10/9/17
to Michael Shallcross, arclight-community

Thanks for sharing, Mike! It’s great to see Bentley and University of Michigan engaging with ArcLight, and that you’ve gotten so far with indexing so many finding aids! We’ll review your feedback, and you might notice that we’ve started sharing some comments in the meantime.

Best,

Mark

Mark A. MATIENZO | mati...@stanford.edu | pronouns: they/them
Collaboration & Interoperability Architect

Digital Library Systems and Services, Stanford University Libraries

m: +1 (650) 683-5769

https://library.stanford.edu/people/matienzo

Tom Cramer

Oct 10, 2017, 9:14:35 AM10/10/17
to Mark A. Matienzo, Michael Shallcross, Tom Cramer, arclight-community
Wow. 3000 finding aids and very thorough and thoughtful analysis to boot. ++ Bentley & UMich

- Tom

Tom Cramer

Oct 10, 2017, 9:51:50 AM10/10/17
to Mark A. Matienzo, Michael Shallcross, arclight-community
PS. Michael, how close do you think Arclight might be to a public release for you? I.e. what number of enhancements would be critical vs. nice to have? We are planning a 2018 work cycle to get ArcLight into prod at Stanford (still to be scheduled) but have yet to do the though testing and gap analysis you have done.

Typed with my thumbs.

Michael Shallcross

Oct 10, 2017, 12:09:23 PM10/10/17
to Tom Cramer, Mark A. Matienzo, arclight-community
Thanks, Tom and Mark! We received some incredible support from our colleagues at University of Michigan, so I'll give a shout out to Gordon Leacock, Nabeela Jaffer, Tom Burton-West, Chris Powell, Roger Espinosa, and John Weise.

Tom, that's a great question; we've discussed our testing results internally here at Michigan, but haven't really taken a closer look at 'need to have' vs. 'nice to have' in terms of moving to production.  From my perspective as an archivist, Aeon integration is really crucial (beyond some of the obvious bugs and usability issues we pointed out); our colleagues in LIT who are supporting the back-end may have additional needs or requirements.

In any case, we're hopeful that we can continue working with you and other members of the ArcLight community in the coming year to get the platform into production!

Thanks again--

Mike

--

On Oct 9, 2017, at 3:56 PM, Mark A. Matienzo <mati...@stanford.edu> wrote:

Thanks for sharing, Mike! It’s great to see Bentley and University of Michigan engaging with ArcLight, and that you’ve gotten so far with indexing so many finding aids! We’ll review your feedback, and you might notice that we’ve started sharing some comments in the meantime.

Best,
Mark

Mark A. MATIENZO | matienzo@stanford.edu | pronouns: they/them
Collaboration & Interoperability Architect
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email toarclight-community+unsub...@googlegroups.com.