CT's Archives Online runs on ArcLight

Brian Stevens

Dec 11, 2020, 6:54:53 PM12/11/20
to arclight-community

Hello ArcLight People,

I thought I had sent this out last month, but apparently I never pressed post message.  What I would have said then is what I'll say now.  Western CT State University has gone live with an ArcLight instance that is providing an aggregated search of CT's archival repositories.

What started as a "let's see if this will work" in our Covid lock down, turned into a "I think this might just work."  Much of the customization and tinkering was accomplished by Stacy Haponik of the WCSU Archives and much of that tinkering is documented on our site.  We are thankful for the work done by SUNY Albany, Duke and the ArcLight developers; all of you actively or passively helped us along the way. Today, CAO searches across 50 repositories' ~8000+ EADs.

Happy holidays!

Brian Stevens
WCSU Archivist
CAO Lead Administrator

Tom Cramer

Dec 11, 2020, 7:05:52 PM12/11/20
to Brian Stevens, Tom Cramer, arclight-community
Congratulations Brian, and thanks for sharing news of your release. 50 repositories and 8000+ EADs is quite the spread.

I’ve added WCSU to the list of institutions with ArcLight in production at

- Tom