Future Development/Aeon Integration

Adriane Hanson

Dec 4, 2018, 4:05:47 PM12/4/18
to arclight-community
Hi all,

The University of Georgia will start implementing ArchivesSpace next year and we are interested in implementing ArcLight at some point to replace our current XTF-based finding aids site. However, we would need ArcLight to integrate with Aeon in order to use it.

Is there another round of development planned for ArcLight and if so is Aeon integration (or more general work that would help make it easier to integrate with systems like Aeon) likely to be included in that?

Thanks,
Adriane

Adriane Hanson
Head of Digital Stewardship
University of Georgia Libraries
Pronouns: she/her/hers

John Weise

Dec 10, 2018, 4:43:06 PM12/10/18
to ahans...@gmail.com, arclight-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adriane,

I am not aware of any firm plans to develop ArcLight further at the moment, but I think at least a few institutions are ruminating on the notion, including Michigan. We also need Aeon integration, along with a number of other features. If it were only Aeon, we'd jump on it. You might like to see the following posts, if you haven't already.

Maybe others can chime in.

John

Tom Cramer

Dec 10, 2018, 5:25:44 PM12/10/18
to John Weise, Tom Cramer, ahans...@gmail.com, arclight-...@googlegroups.com
Stanford is tentatively planning an ArcLight workcycle in 2019 to add features, robustify (sic) our indexing pipeline, and move it to production locally. Aeon integration wouldn’t be on our critical path as we don’t use it, but we do know it’s of interest to others on campus and in the ArcLight community more broadly.

- Tom

 | Tom Cramer
 | Associate University Librarian
 | Director, Digital Library Systems & Services
 | Chief Technology Strategist
 | Stanford University Libraries
 | tcr...@stanford.edu

Mark A. Matienzo

Dec 12, 2018, 9:28:31 AM12/12/18
to Tom Cramer, John Weise, ahans...@gmail.com, arclight-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

While I can’t speak for them, I know that Indiana University has also been potentially interested in further ArcLight development. I believe IU is a current Aeon implementer, but I don’t know about their integration needs or plans at the moment.

Best,

Mark

Mark A. MATIENZO | mati...@stanford.edu | pronouns: they/them

Collaboration & Interoperability Architect

Digital Library Systems and Services, Stanford University Libraries

m: +1 (650) 683-5769

https://library.stanford.edu/people/matienzo

Jack Reed

Dec 12, 2018, 9:32:41 AM12/12/18
to Mark A. Matienzo, Tom Cramer, John Weise, ahans...@gmail.com, arclight-...@googlegroups.com

I would be happy to pair with someone and discussion options on how Aeon integration might happen in ArcLight or within their own ArcLight application. If I remember correctly during the initial development, it was difficult for me to comprehend what Aeon integration would look like. So, I’m keen to see what uses adopters have.

Best,

Jack Reed

Geospatial Web Engineer

Pronouns: he, him, his

pjr...@stanford.edu

@mejackreed

(650)454-7398

Digital Library Systems and Services

Stanford, CA 94305

Shallcross, Mike

Dec 12, 2018, 10:15:05 AM12/12/18
to Mark A. Matienzo, Tom Cramer, John Weise, ahans...@gmail.com, arclight-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Mark—just wanted to confirm that Aeon is used by the Lilly Library at IU and that we have begun discussions around ArcLight, including reviews of both the Bentley and UAlbany documents.

Cheers,

Mike

Adriane Hanson

Dec 14, 2018, 1:05:31 PM12/14/18
to arclight-community
Thank you for the responses everyone.

If someone does decide to take on developing Aeon integration, UGA would be interesting in partnering to help with usability testing, etc. We don't have the developer capacity to take this on ourselves but would be happy to support the effort in other ways.

Best,