KDE 4.8.0 released

JJ DaNiMoTh

Feb 6, 2012, 9:56:05 AM2/6/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I just released in testing kde 4.8.0.

In few days, I'll move everything from testing to core/extra, and
starting to update libpng & others critical libraries.

Please, remember we need two focus-man:

- On installation CD (IMPORTANT! priority > 100)
- On tenfourfox/firefox (must know linux ABI, and some other techical
things.. I could apply, but I could do only one thing between packager
and patcher)

If you want to apply, simply reply :-)

Thanks

signature.asc

Enric Caussa Morales

Feb 6, 2012, 10:55:41 AM2/6/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dan,
If you want you can work on the install cd and i'll work on the libpng
rebuilds. Tell me what to do besides libpng (and depending packages of
course); i have some spare time this week.
Cheers,
Enric

kthfive

Feb 6, 2012, 1:58:31 PM2/6/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com

Though I'm not around much these days I'm still here and can do building
in my mini. I would like us to still get together on IRC sometime.

Cheers,
-k

Enric Morales

Feb 7, 2012, 8:56:05 AM2/7/12
to archlinuxppc-user
Why don't we try to schedule a meeting?
I can be around the computer from 9AM-13AM and 21PM 1AM CET.

David Liana

Feb 7, 2012, 11:39:00 AM2/7/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Haven't posted for awhile. I should be getting my hands on some more mac-ppc hardware (G4 era power macs)

Let me know if you still need some dev help ( i know its been awhile)

jjDaNiMoTh

Feb 7, 2012, 1:20:58 PM2/7/12
2012/2/6 Enric Caussa Morales <m...@enric.me>:

> Hey Dan,
> If you want you can work on the install cd and i'll work on the libpng
> rebuilds. Tell me what to do besides libpng (and depending packages of
> course); i have some spare time this week.
> Cheers,
> Enric

Hi,

I found that chain:

libpng libtiff allegro cairo glew enblend-enfuse mozilla-common
xorg-util-macros xorg-font-util xorg-server firefox fltk gd
gdk-pixbuf2 libxml2 shared-mime-info gcc postfix curl php cups qt lame
schroedinger x264 ffmpeg gegl ghostscript libshout kmod
gstreamer0.10-good imlib imlib2 isl libpano13 rpmextract gsfonts
libwmf cdparanoia samba live-media mplayer mjpegtools netpbm physfs
neverball ca-certificates-java mercurial pilot-link vde2 texi2html
qemu qrencode r rrdtool sdl_image libao sox stellarium vice time hdf5
vigra windowmaker wv lcms2 imagemagick xine-lib xine-ui
xorg-xcursorgen zvbi

please check it, as i modified a little my appc-dev.py to deal with a
loop (qt-avahi-qt-cups-avahi-poppler-qt etcetcetc...).

I'm moving out from testing to extra, and do a sync with x86 core
(toolchain, zlib, and some other minor things). It will be out
tomorrow.

Kth5, simplex told me for the server... can you pay it or do you want
that I pay for this month?

Also, if you want to contribute, you need to make your public key
pair, and meet us in IRC as we can sign yours, in the schema I posted
some times ago.

--
Stay open, be free.

David Liana

Feb 8, 2012, 8:45:09 AM2/8/12
On 02/07/2012 01:20 PM, jjDaNiMoTh wrote:
> Also, if you want to contribute, you need to make your public key
> pair, and meet us in IRC as we can sign yours, in the schema I posted
> some times ago.

I got the machines, but I have to find a power supply and some RAM for
one of them. May be a few days before I'm up and running...

JJ DaNiMoTh

Feb 10, 2012, 5:21:14 AM2/10/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com
Il giorno lun, 06/02/2012 alle 16.55 +0100, Enric Caussa Morales ha
scritto:

> Hey Dan,
> If you want you can work on the install cd and i'll work on the libpng
> rebuilds. Tell me what to do besides libpng (and depending packages of
> course); i have some spare time this week.
> Cheers,

Ok, core is ready (all updates in testing), so you could start doing
libpng things.

I will work on the installer.

signature.asc

Enric Caussa Morales

Feb 10, 2012, 5:29:28 AM2/10/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com
OK, as soon as I have some free time (hopefully this afternoon) i'll
work on this.

--
Enric Caussa Morales
<m...@enric.me>