2012.05.29 ISO installer bug report

Major Tom

Jul 1, 2012, 8:50:43 PM7/1/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to report that the 2012.05.29 ISO managed to boot up on my PowerBook G3! There are some missing packages though and issues with package versions and dependencies. Here are the details:

- (0) Configure Network - detects the ethernet interface, probe succeeds and loads the module but then it just loops back to listing the available interface. I need to Ctrl+C and relaunch /arch/setup. Moreover, eth0 is up but gets no IP address. I need to start 'dhcpcd' in VC2 to grab one.

- (1) Prepare Hard Drive > (2) Partition Hard Drives - lists the available disk but after selecting /dev/sda to partition, it informs about mac-fdisk program about to launch and just loops. I can see an error flicker at the bottom of the screen "/arch/setup: line 573: mac-fdisk: command not found". I need to switch to VC2 and do 'pacman -Sy && pacman -S mac-fdisk' to work around it.

- (2) Install Packages - after refreshing packages and trying to download them, the installer complains "One or more packages failed to download. You can try again by re-selecting Install Packages from the main menu." VC5 shows a lot of warnings: cannot resolve "linux-api-headers>=3.2", a dependency of "glibc". If I try to 'pacman -Su' in VC2, I get warnings "local <pkgv1> is newer than core <pkgv2>" for filesystem, initscripts, linux-api-headers, linux-firmware, linux-pmac, linux-pmac-nosmp, linux-pmac64, mkinitcpio, pacman-mirrorlist.

I'm stuck here. Can't update/downgrade packages because of glibc deps.

altabraydon

Jul 23, 2012, 8:46:45 PM7/23/12
to archlinu...@googlegroups.com
The problem is upstream mostly. You should be able to execute "pacman -S *packagenames* --ignore glibc".