error adding event types to controlled value list

Hutchinson, Tim

Jun 1, 2022, 6:39:48 PMJun 1
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

We’ve run into a problem adding and deleting values in the event_event_type list. We are able to suppress and unsuppress values, but attempting to add a value results in the error “Failed to create Value”. From the logs, the issue seems to be permissions, which I don’t understand.

Thread-2806: Responded with [403, {"Content-Type"=>"application/json", "Cache-Control"=>"private, must-revalidate, max-age=0", "Content-Length"=>"26"}, ["{\"error\":\"Access denied\"}\n"]]

I previously added several values, and this started happening in the middle of a session. I have full admin rights and another administrator also got the same result.

This seems to be limited to the event types list; I haven’t run into this with any other list, although I only tested a few.

A restart of both the application and the server doesn’t seem to have made any difference. This is with v2.6.0 on a test server.

I’d appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,

Tim Hutchinson

University of Saskatchewan

Hutchinson, Tim

Jun 6, 2022, 5:25:50 PMJun 6
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Hello again,

I thought I’d give this question another try. I’d appreciate any leads.

Tim

Trevor Thornton

Jun 6, 2022, 5:35:20 PMJun 6
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
If it's a permissions problem, you might check to see that the files in locales/enums are writable by the user running ArchivesSpace. I believe the event_type values are written here (to locales/enums/en.yml by default).

Hutchinson, Tim

Jun 7, 2022, 10:42:35 AMJun 7
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Trevor – we’ll take a look at that.

Jun 7, 2022, 2:35:31 PMJun 7
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Hi again,

It looks like these files are all owned and writable by the user running ArchivesSpace.

Tim

Jun 14, 2022, 11:23:38 AMJun 14
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Hi again,

We narrowed this down to a data issue, although so far haven’t been able to fix it. The error occurs when the “request” event type is suppressed. There’s something wrong with that value since the delete option isn’t available. Similarly, one of the processing status values (under collection management) was able to be suppressed even though there were related values; that was leading to an error when creating events.

Full re-indexing doesn’t seem to have solved the problem, but I’m hoping that upgrading to 3.2 will make this go away. We also noticed an issue with solr backups not being deleted as configured.

Tim