Accession record migration into ArchivesSpace

Katie Mayer

Apr 26, 2022, 11:34:40 AMApr 26
to ArchivesSpace
Hi everyone,

My institution is looking into our options for migrating legacy accession records from an old Access database into our ArchivesSpace instance, which is hosted by LibraryHost. We're a small shop and we'd like to find a metadata services company who can handle normalization/data cleanup of these records . This project would be about 29,000 records, and would involve quite a lot of normalization -- the database is really just a spreadsheet (meaning, that, for example, there's not a separate donor table); the data is inconsistent within the database; and there are a number of fields that don't map neatly or at all onto the basic accession record fields in ASpace.

Can anyone recommend potential vendors we might consider? Also, if anyone has done a similar project, I'd gratefully welcome any tips or guidance from your experience that you'd be willing to share.

Thanks!

Katie Mayer
Oregon Historical Society Research Library