Almost scandalous: Historian alerts Prince Charles to plight of crumbling archives

PeterK

Jun 9, 2021, 10:05:58 PM6/9/21
to RAINbyte, AIN, RECMGMT-UK

International pressure is piling on the federal government to pump millions of dollars into the National Archives to preserve documents on the brink of disintegration with warnings it risks losing records of global importance.

The office of Prince Charles has been made aware of the situation facing the National Archives and in particular the plight of the Pitcairn Island register, which holds details of the births, deaths and marriages of descendants of the Bounty mutiny in 1789.

https://bit.ly/3cuZOVD
https://bit.ly/3cuZOVD+

--
Peterk