Vanderbilt Heard Libraries are new home to Dizzy Gillespie Collection

PeterK

Jun 7, 2021, 10:47:19 PM6/7/21
to RAINbyte, AIN

Vanderbilt’s partnership with the National Museum of African American Music has taken a giant step forward with the university’s inaugural acquisition—a rich collection of portraits, personal scrapbooks, signed albums and more from the life and career of Dizzy Gillespie, a seminal figure in the development of bebop and modern jazz.

“This collection ensures that Vanderbilt will be a destination for future generations of Dizzy Gillespie scholars,” said Vanessa Beasley, vice provost for academic affairs and dean of residential faculty. “I’m grateful for the strong collaboration with NMAAM, which makes this exciting initiative possible, and eager for researchers, museum patrons and other community members to engage with these materials.”

https://bit.ly/2SbfQx4
https://bit.ly/2SbfQx4+

--
Peterk