The Warhol Foundation Is Auctioning Off the Artist’s Computer-Based Works as NFTs. An Archivist Who Uncovered Them Is Outraged

PeterK

Jun 7, 2021, 10:31:05 PM6/7/21
to RAINbyte, AIN, IGGURU Listserv, RECMGMT-UK

In 2011, artist Cory Arcangel set out to find a set of obscure Andy Warhol artworks—digital images the famed Pop artist had created on his personal computer, Commodore’s Amiga 1000, in the mid 1980s using a new computer software called ProPaint that was never actually released.

Against all the odds, Arcangel and a team of experts from the Pittsburgh’s Carnegie Mellon University Computer Club and the university’s Frank-Ratchye Studio for Creative Inquiry were able to recover the lost artworks, stored in an obsolete file format on floppy disks, and share them with the world.

https://bit.ly/3iqMoxt
https://bit.ly/3iqMoxt+

--
Peterk