Nigeria - The urgency of preserving our National Archives and history

PeterK

Jun 8, 2021, 10:33:56 PM6/8/21
to RAINbyte, AIN, RECMGMT-UK

The National Archives of Nigeria, which is a Department under the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, houses public records and historical information. Its headquarters is in Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja; three zonal offices are located in Ibadan, Kaduna and Enugu; while branch offices can be found in several state capitals, such as Abeokuta and Calabar.

Over a period of two years and as recent as last March, I visited four offices of the organisation in Ibadan, Abeokuta, Kaduna and Enugu. As a historian and writer, I have a responsibility to share my experience, as well as highlight the parlous state of Nigeria’s archives.

https://bit.ly/3cuV2HB
https://bit.ly/3cuV2HB+

--
Peterk