Government must be transparent about its plans for the National Archives of India

1 view

PeterK

Jun 7, 2021, 10:49:17 PM6/7/21
to RAINbyte, AIN, IGGURU Listserv
The National Archives of India (NAI) complex is slated for major changes under the Central Vista Project. Conflicting reports indicate that the heritage structure that is part of the National Archives complex will be retained but that additions to the original plot will be demolished later in the project. The lack of clarity around the plans for preservation, transfer and access of these national records is a cause for concern. While the Minister of Culture stated on Thursday that the government will “continue to keep the records safely,” his statement focuses on the retention of the heritage building, and does not mention the demolition of the Annexe building, which reportedly houses several public records, private papers, departmental records etc. This further highlights the need for public scrutiny.

https://bit.ly/3z7LzzD
https://bit.ly/3z7LzzD+

--
Peterk