Watch a Destroyed 17th Century Map Get Painstakingly Restored

PeterK

Dec 5, 2016, 2:08:47 PM12/5/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK
A 17th century map was found in a chimney in Scotland and then delivered to the National Library of Scotland crumpled inside a plastic bag and basically destroyed. Just unraveling the fragile, centuries-old map seemed impossible enough, but the team at the National Library managed to figure out a way to salvage and restore it.

http://bit.ly/2g1tyy2
http://bit.ly/2g1tyy2+

--
Peterk