How to forward descriptive metadata files to DIP's?

Jan de Jonge

Apr 22, 2022, 10:44:52 AM4/22/22
to archivematica
Hi all,

I am investigating the possibilities of Archivematica and I wonder whether it's possible to forward descriptive metadata files to DIP's.

I know I can put descriptive metadata in the METS file by using a specific Dublin Core based metadata.csv in a metadata subdir of a Transfer, but I am looking for a method via which non Dublin Core based metadata files, for example EAD xml files, end up in DIP's. I have seen that putting these files in a metadata subdir of a Transfer stores these files in the same subdir in the AIP, but then unfortunately they don't end up in the DIP.

My conclusion for now is that the only way to forward metadata files towards DIP's is to simply treat them like any other digital object and put them as such in the Transfer next to the digital objects to be archived. Is this correct?

Best wishes,

Jan

Joseph Anderson

Apr 26, 2022, 10:01:38 AM4/26/22
to archivematica
This is also been the case in my experience.