Storage Service 0.17.1 package API call returns empty objects list.

Ranjit Khera

Jul 30, 2021, 7:20:58 AM7/30/21
to archivematica

Hi,

We've recently upgraded our Archivematica instance to 1.12.1 and our Storage Service to 0.17.1. When I use the storage service package API call (/api/v2/file/) I get a reponse with an empty list:

curl -X GET -H 'Authorization: ApiKey fixity:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' "http://localhost:7500/api/v2/file/?format=json"
{"meta": {"limit": 20, "next": null, "offset": 0, "previous": null, "total_count": 0}, "objects": []}

However I know that there a packages (DIPs and AIPs) in the storage service. I can see 114 entries on the Package tab on the web interface. Why are the two methods giving me different responses? Did I miss something in the upgrade or is something else broken?

Our instance is running on RHEL 7. Thanks for any help on this.

Ranjit.

Tessa Walsh

Aug 9, 2021, 10:35:42 AM8/9/21
to archivematica
Hi Ranjit,

It looks like you're hitting a bug that was caused by an upstream issue with Tastypie, the library we use for the Storage Service API. Details are available here: https://github.com/archivematica/Issues/issues/1336.

A fix has been merged into the new release, Archivematica 1.13/Storage Service 0.18. For version 1.12.1/0.17.1, using the API key for a user with administrator credentials should resolve the issue for you.

Cheers,
Tessa

Ranjit Khera

Aug 16, 2021, 7:01:12 AM8/16/21