Using multiples pipelines in one storage service

Lara Aquino

Sep 8, 2021, 10:42:58 AM9/8/21
to archivematica
Hello group!

 I have some questions about using a single storage service across multiple pipelines in Archivematica. How does this work in practice? I'm having trouble finding documents. Can I take advantage of an existing installation and install just one panel? Do they share any manuals or tips on how to proceed? Thank you in advance and await your return.

Thanks,
Lara Aquino.

gou...@wrlc.org

Sep 9, 2021, 5:34:31 PM9/9/21
to archivematica
Hi Lara,

I have three pipelines sharing a storage service. It is not perfect but it is working. One pipeline is on the same server as the storage service and the other two are each on their own (virtual) server.

For installation I used the "manual" installation on Ubuntu 18:
I had to install the storage service packages in the order of those instructions and then go back and disable that service from running. Then when registering the dashboard with the storage service I used the URL pointing to the SS on the other server.

Configuring the storage locations was a bit tricky. I found these resources helpful:
Options for configuring the shared directory in the remote pipeline:
I used option 1 which is shown in this configuration snapshot:
It requires setting up passwordless ssh for linking the local filesystem to the SS, as described here:

You can also use this search to find other posts about this:

HTH, Don

Lara Aquino

Sep 22, 2021, 1:07:00 PM9/22/21
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much for your contributions, Don. They will help us a lot around here.

Thanks,
Lara.

Lara Aquino

Sep 28, 2021, 4:16:45 PM9/28/21
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Don,

Without wanting to abuse your good will, I would like to know which version of Archivematica did you install the pipelines on? Have you updated the archivematica with the pipelines working? If yes, are you having problems? I look forward to your return.

Thanks,
Lara.

gou...@wrlc.org

Oct 2, 2021, 10:20:42 AM10/2/21
to archivematica
Hi Lara,

I am on vacation and don't have the details at hand, but yes I installed standalone pipelines on Ubuntu 18 using the "manual" method (deb packages) and have upgraded at least twice to AM 1.13.

Let me know if you want more details when I get back to work.

HTH, Don