Proposal to remove quarantine

Sarah Romkey

Oct 16, 2019, 9:08:40 PM10/16/19
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Dear Archivematica community,

We have put up a proposal in the Archivematica Architectural Decision Record repository to remove quarantine functionality from Archivematica. Our impression from working with clients and community members is that it is not used. Maintaining it adds to complexity of workflows and the cost of maintaining it seems to far outweigh any actual digital preservation need that users have for it.

For the time being this has the status of "proposed." Once our team has had a chance to thoroughly discuss and review it will likely move to "approved" in time to be implemented in the 1.11 release of Archivematica. If you have a need for quarantine within Archivematica and would like to discuss maintenance options for the feature please feel free to reply or get in touch with me off list.

Cheers,

Sarah

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Archivematica Program Manager
Artefactual Systems
604-5
27-2056
@archivematica / @accesstomemory

Sarah Romkey

Oct 28, 2019, 5:21:00 PM10/28/19
to archivematica
Hello all,

Just an update on this, the Architectural Decision Record has been updated to accepted with a clarifying addition that the virus scanning micro-service will remain unchanged. You can expect quarantine to be removed from Archivematica in the 1.11 release.

Cheers,

Sarah