AIP download workflow to local server

Alan Webber

Oct 20, 2022, 10:57:08 AM10/20/22
to archivematica
Hello, I am looking to see if anyone else is involved in downloading AIPs to their local server once they have sent materials through the preservation process?

We began using Archivematica at The New School this past year, and have had success in transferring and ingesting the collections from our repository, but we also want to spit them back out to keep a preserved AIP with metadata on our local server. This manual downloading of AIPs is proving to be extremely time-consuming with long download times from the Storage Service, especially with hundreds of collections to get through.

Does anyone else have experience with this, or have an example of an alternative workflow that could be useful? Specifically, we are looking to optimize the workflow of downloading AIPs from Archivematica to store/synch on a local server.

Thanks,

Alan Webber
The New School Archives and Special Collections

gclibrary...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2022, 11:03:34 AM10/20/22
to archivematica
Yes, when I was using, we are not as actively collecting presently, I downloaded from DuraCloud using the retrieval tool to examine and have a 3rd copy stored somewhere.

Alan Webber

Oct 25, 2022, 9:25:17 AM10/25/22
to archivematica
Thank you, I will look into using DuraCloud; it sounds like it could be an efficient solution to getting those local copies downloaded!