Reindexing AIPs stored in DuraCloud

Julie S

Aug 21, 2023, 11:26:31 AM8/21/23
to archivematica
Hello,

A package we processed recently failed indexing (and so does not appear in the Archival Storage tab), even though it was successfully stored. We are using DuraCloud for AIP storage. It appears that ElasticSearch became read-only because of disk space issues like the issue reported in an earlier post.

We have resolved the space issue now, but have not been able to add the package to the Archival Storage tab using either of the :
1) Reindexing the documents with the script linked in the documentation (es-reindex.sh). The script ran without error but did not add the package to the index.
2) Reindexing with the Storage Service API using the script provided in the documentation returned the following error:
rebuild_aip_index_from_storage_service --delete-all Deleting all AIPs in the 'aips' and 'aipfiles' indices Rebuilding 'aips' and 'aipfiles' indices Traceback (most recent call last):   File "manage.py", line 10, in <module>     execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)   File "/usr/share/archivematica/virtualenvs/archivematica/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 364, in execute_from_command_line     utility.execute()   File "/usr/share/archivematica/virtualenvs/archivematica/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 356, in execute     self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)   File "/usr/share/archivematica/virtualenvs/archivematica/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 283, in run_from_argv     self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)   File "/usr/share/archivematica/virtualenvs/archivematica/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 330, in execute     output = self.handle(*args, **options)   File "/usr/share/archivematica/dashboard/main/management/commands/rebuild_aip_index_from_storage_service.py", line 160, in handle     es_client, aip, temp_dir, delete_before_reindexing, is_aic=is_aic   File "/usr/share/archivematica/dashboard/main/management/commands/rebuild_aip_index_from_storage_service.py", line 231, in process_package     aip_location   File "/usr/lib/archivematica/archivematicaCommon/storageService.py", line 673, in retrieve_storage_location_description     response = location_description_from_slug(aip_location_slug)   File "/usr/lib/archivematica/archivematicaCommon/storageService.py", line 239, in location_description_from_slug     response.status, AttributeError: 'Response' object has no attribute 'status'

I see a note in the documentation that "At this time, it is not possible to rebuild the indices for all types of remote locations." Should the above script/s work with DuraCloud (meaning we would need to adjust how we are running it on our end) or is another option available for rebuilding indexes when using DuraCloud for AIP storage?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Julie