dashboard transfer fails with OSError: Errno 13 Permission denied: directory name

davihart

Jan 4, 2017, 2:16:35 PM1/4/17
to archivematica
I am testing remote pipeline functionality and am getting the following error when I click the green transfer button in the
dashboard.  I checked all the permissions, netapp settings and mounting flags (some of our directories are symlinked to nfs
shares) and everything is ok.  I can create the temp directory as the archivematica user.  but the python code for os.mkdir is
creating an error when it tries to create the temp file.  Any ideas on whats going on?
There are no errors in the storage service log but the dashboard log shows the folloing error:

ERROR     2017-01-04 17:47:11  django.request:base:handle_uncaught_exception:231:  Internal Server Error: /filesystem/transfer/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 111, in get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/archivematica/dashboard/components/filesystem_ajax/views.py", line 240, in start_transfer_logged_in
    response = start_transfer(transfer_name, transfer_type, accession, paths, row_ids)
  File "/usr/share/archivematica/dashboard/components/filesystem_ajax/views.py", line 262, in start_transfer
    temp_dir = tempfile.mkdtemp(dir=temp_base_dir)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/tempfile.py", line 333, in mkdtemp
    _os.mkdir(file, 0700)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/archivematica/sharedDirectory/tmp/tmpu0qwe6'

Thanks

David Hart | Systems Administrator

Digital Initiatives | Texas A&M University Libraries