metadata.json in a bagit file

Tatiana Canelhas

May 12, 2022, 6:11:29 PM5/12/22
to archivematica
HI group,

Does anyone know how to address the filename in the Metadata.json file when transferring a bagit.

I tried data/ and objects/ , but it's not working.

If I use the standard transfer and object/ it works just fine.

Thanks,
Tatiana Canelhas

Guedj Romain

May 16, 2022, 11:08:19 AM5/16/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tatiana,

From our side it has not been working until AM 1.12.1.
We have not tested the current AM version.

Adding metadata using JSON files (google.com)

Cheers,

Romain

Meilleures salutations

Romain Guedj, e-Archiviste

Romain...@fr.ch, T +41 26 305 13 74

Bibliothèque cantonale et universitaire BCU

Kantons- und Universitätsbibliothek KUB

Secteur technologies du web et infrastructure informatique

Abteilung Webtechnologien und Informatik-Infrastruktur

Rue de la Carrière 22, Case postale, 1701 Fribourg

T +41 26 305 13 33, www.fr.ch/bcuf

Direction de la formation et des affaires culturelles DFAC
Direktion für Bildung und kulturelle Angelegenheiten BKAD

ETAT DE FRIBOURG

STAAT FREIBURG

P Be green ! Keep it on the screen…

May 17, 2022, 1:11:06 PM5/17/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is a known problem and doesn't work in the current version from my testing a few months ago. There's an issue submitted for it but it's slightly misleading, as it doesn't work for all metadata types, not just Dublin Core.

Best,
Joe

Tatiana Canelhas

May 18, 2022, 9:01:54 AM5/18/22
to archivematica
I just figured out a way to use JSON in Bagit files, and it should be with CSV file together. It works.

In this example, I just wrote "objects" in the filename field and AtoM created a level of description and placed the files from DIP under it (as I always wanted, without needing a personalized structmap file). :)

Thanks,
Tatiana Canelhas

metadata.csv
metadata.json