Access Rights for the staff to one folder with all the superseded policies versions

Maria Papanikolaou

Jul 5, 2022, 12:35:05 PM7/5/22
to archivematica
Dear all,

Good afternoon!

I am new in the Archivematica community group.

My orgnisation needs to archive all the versions of the abolished internal policies and for transparency reasons requires that all staff should have direct access to them.

I was thinking If it would be possible to investigate a solution where the staff members through a link and their credentials could have direct access to the access copies within Archivematica.

This solution is more or less similar with intranet functionality. Anyone with organisation's credentials can have access to the intranet.

Hope I have your understanding If my question looks a bit strange.
I am really new in the system and in the digital preservation practices.

With kind regards,

Maria

Sarah Romkey

Jul 6, 2022, 9:01:49 AM7/6/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Maria,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the forum. I do think there are workflows within Archivematica that could help you... Archivematica is focused on making Archival Information Packages (AIPs) for long term preservation, and Dissemination Information Packages (DIPs) for the purpose of access. Generally speaking Archivematica users do not wish to provide broad access to the AIPs or to Archivematica as a system, and DIPs are generally sent out of the system. You could perhaps imagine sending your content through the system to create the AIP for long term preservation, and a DIP that you could provide access to through your organization's intranet or similar. You could use the "Store DIP" functionality (https://archivematica.org/en/docs/archivematica-1.13/user-manual/access/access/#store-dip) and move the DIPs to where you need them to be for access from there.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sarah

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Archivematica Program Manager
@archivematica / @accesstomemory

maria.pap...@embl.de

Jul 6, 2022, 1:07:58 PM7/6/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sarah,

Good evening and then you so much for your prompt reply and all the information.

I assume that I will need our in house IT support for achieving it.

I will start working on it and come back to you for any further information or assist I may need.

Thank you so much again.

With kind regards,

Maria