Will Archivematica detect pre-existing AIPS and DIPS?

Joseph Collard

Oct 6, 2022, 8:00:53 AM10/6/22
to archivematica
Hello all,

I am running Archivematica on a old server in my office just for testing. If I decide to officially implement Archivematica, I would do it on better hardware in our university's data center.  With that in mind, if I set up a new instance of Archivematica, but connect the storage spaces and locations I used for testing, would Archivematica automatically detect and "import" (for lack of a better word) all the AIPs, DIPs, etc that exist there?  Or would I need to ingest all files from scratch again?

Thanks.

Sarah Romkey

Oct 19, 2022, 9:01:44 AM10/19/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph,

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm doing some email catch up today. If you have created AIPs and backlogged transfers that you would like a new installation to "know about,"  you should be able to use the Rebuild the Indexes instructions here: https://archivematica.org/en/docs/archivematica-1.13/admin-manual/maintenance/maintenance/#elasticsearch

I'm not actually sure about DIP storage in this case but you could follow the same syntax and give it a try.

Cheers,

Sarah

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Archivematica Program Manager
@archivematica / @accesstomemory

Joseph Collard

Oct 19, 2022, 9:08:06 AM10/19/22
to archivematica
No worries. Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a go when I get some time.