Upgrade to 1.13 Failed transfer compliance errors

127 views
Skip to first unread message

Joseph Anderson

unread,
Jul 13, 2021, 5:33:45 PM7/13/21
to archivematica
Hello,

I just upgraded to 1.13 on redhat 7. I didn't see any noticeable problems during the upgrade, but now every time I start a transfer I get a "Failed transfer compliance" error. Then, each 'Attempt restructure for compliance?' attempt fails. I'm just doing a standard transfer, nothing that didn't work previously.

Thanks for any help!

Joseph 

Joseph Anderson

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 11:36:26 AM7/14/21
to archivematica
So, I'm having alot of difficulty figuring out what's going wrong here.

There are no errors in the logs. I don't think it's a permissions issues, because the transfers are being moved around and when I eventually select reject, it gets moved to the rejected folder. 

This the step before the 'verify transfer compliance' fails, the actual restructuring, seems good:

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.34.23 AM.png

Then, the failed verification gives me this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.35.14 AM.png

At a loss here!

Joseph Anderson

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 12:47:51 PM7/14/21
to archivematica
Update: just got this working. As it turns out, this had something to do with mismatching config files being created during the upgrade process. What happens, from what I understand, is that when you use yum update to upgrade, if you've previously edited the config files, for instance to use a real mysql password rather than 'demo' given in the documentation, it doesn't overwrite it with a new one but creates a separate one with '.rpmnew' tagged on. So, what I did was to delete all the config files, force a reinstall to create just the most up-to-date config files, edited those with the appropriate details about our mysql and then restarted everything. And hooray, it worked!

arth...@gmail.com

unread,
Jan 13, 2022, 12:33:18 PMJan 13
to archivematica
Hello,
I confirm what Joseph experienced.
Based on what I have seen, the problem only concerns the configuration of the MCP Client.
Just edit /etc/sysconfig/archivematica-mcp-client
and change the PYTHONPATH line, from:
PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/archivematica/MCPClient:/usr/lib/archivematica/archivematicaCommon/:/usr/share/archivematica/dashboard/
to
PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/archivematica/MCPClient:/usr/lib/archivematica/MCPClient/clientScripts:/usr/lib/archivematica/archivematicaCommon/:/usr/share/archivematica/dashboard/
which introduces the extra path
/usr/lib/archivematica/MCPClient/clientScripts

Cheers

arthy

Miguel Angel Medinilla Luque

unread,
Jan 13, 2022, 3:58:53 PMJan 13
to archivematica
Thanks both for your help. We are going to create new packages in the next hours to fix the PYTHONPATH in the postscript step.

Miguel Angel Medinilla Luque

unread,
Jan 17, 2022, 6:49:55 AMJan 17
to archivematica

New 1.13.2-2 packages have been published (PYTHONPATH fixed):

https://packages.archivematica.org/1.13.x/centos/
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages