Performance metrics

Alvaro Ortiz Troncoso

May 7, 2024, 8:20:46 AMMay 7
to archivematica
Hi,

When I use the development version using Docker, the metrics work out-of-the-box, that is, I can open the http://localhost:62080/metrics page in a browser and see  a block of text as expected.

However, I couldn't get the metrics to work in the Vagrant version. I ssh to Vagrant, set the required environment variables in /etc/profile.d/metrics.sh, reboot. The dashboard is the accessible at http://http://10.10.10.20 as expected, but there is no metrics page at http://10.10.10.20/metrics

Has someone got the metrics to work in a production environment?

Cheers,
Alvaro

Douglas Cerna

May 7, 2024, 10:32:45 AMMay 7
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just tried these commands to enable the /metrics URL in a VM provisioned with the 1.14 Vagrant box:

echo "ARCHIVEMATICA_DASHBOARD_DASHBOARD_PROMETHEUS_ENABLED=true" | sudo tee -a /etc/default/archivematica-dashboard
sudo service archivematica-dashboard restart

After restarting the dashboard I can see the metrics page with Django's standard metrics.

You mentioned that you set the environment variables in /etc/profile.d/metrics.sh. I recommend using Archivematica's files in /etc/default (Ubuntu systems) or /etc/sysconfig (Rocky Linux/Red Hat systems) for doing that:

* archivematica-mcp-server
    ARCHIVEMATICA_MCPSERVER_MCPSERVER_PROMETHEUS_BIND_PORT=7998
    ARCHIVEMATICA_MCPSERVER_MCPSERVER_PROMETHEUS_BIND_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0

* archivematica-mcp-client
    ARCHIVEMATICA_MCPCLIENT_MCPCLIENT_PROMETHEUS_BIND_PORT=7999
    ARCHIVEMATICA_MCPCLIENT_MCPCLIENT_PROMETHEUS_BIND_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0

* archivematica-dashboard
    ARCHIVEMATICA_DASHBOARD_DASHBOARD_PROMETHEUS_ENABLED=true

* archivematica-storage-service
    SS_PROMETHEUS_ENABLED=true

Hope this helps.

Douglas Cerna (he/him),
Software Developer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com

Alvaro Ortiz Troncoso

May 8, 2024, 7:43:14 AMMay 8
to archivematica
Great, that did it with a 1.15 Vagrant box.

Thanks a lot
Alvaro
Message has been deleted